A Shelter In Place Order has been issued due to a Hazardous Materials Incident that has occurred on the 600 block of Manor Street. The area affected involves those within half a mile around Kunlzer Meats on Manor Street, according to Lancaster Hazmat. The shelter-in-place is due to a truck that was carrying ammonia which has been confirmed by Hazmat teams.
Police have gone door to door to notify the impacted residents. The Shelter In Place Order is in effect until further notice. The City of Lancaster will send additional notifications with updates as they are received.
SHELTER IN PLACE ACTIONS
1. Go inside immediately and stay inside your house or building.
2. Bring pets indoors if you can do so quickly.
3. Close all windows and doors.
4. Close fireplace dampers.
5. Gather radio, flashlight, food, water, and medicines.
6. Call 911 only if you have a true emergency. You will be advised when this dangerous condition has passed and it is safe to go outside and resume normal activities.
PUBLIC SAFETY SAMPLING POINTS
Officials are placing air quality sampling devices throughout the area. Please do not approach these devices.
The post Shelter In Place Order In Effect Due to Hazardous Materials Incident appeared first on City of Lancaster, PA.