SEPTEMBER 12, 2022 | 1:39 PM
We’re bringing together 50 people from Central Pennsylvania to engage with four key areas that are affected by climate change: Transportation, solar development, agriculture and flooding.
Participants will be asked to read background information prepared by Climate Solutions, then come to the forum ready to ask questions of experts and engage in small-group discussions. Attendees will work together to explore solutions to these challenges and identify what priorities public and elected officials, and others, should use to address climate change.
Participants will be paid a $200 stipend. Food will be provided.
Complete this form to register for the forum. We’ll be selecting participants to make sure the demographics of Central Pennsylvania are equally represented.
Climate Solutions, convened by StateImpact Pennsylvania, is a collaboration of five news organizations, two institutions of higher learning and a theater company dedicated to using engagement, education and storytelling to inform and empower Central Pennsylvanians to find solutions to the challenges posed by climate change.
If you have questions, please email Climate Solutions editor Scott Blanchard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Climate Solutions’ partners are:
- Franklin & Marshall College Center for Public Opinion Research
- La Voz Latina
- Sankofa African American Theatre Company
- Shippensburg University Department of Communication, Journalism & Media
- StateImpact Pennsylvania
- USA TODAY Network in central Pennsylvania (York Daily Record, Lebanon Daily News, Hanover Evening Sun, Chambersburg Public Opinion, Waynesboro Record Herald and Greencastle Echo Pilot)
- Funding partner: Solutions Journalism Network